Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's time.

You know, the election this year really got me thinking. Now that I am an adult and can actually vote. That was a little overwhelming. I thought I wasn't ready to grow up, but really, I didn't want to grow. In one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs, she says:

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up

Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple

I still wanted to be little. I wanted to be able to depend on people. But, I can't. I'm not just a kid anymore. I'm ready to face the real world, I'm here. And, honestly it can be terrifying. I'm away from my family, my friends, my city, my state. I thought I was away from all I knew. But, I'm not. I have the gospel. I still am able to attend church every Sunday. Although, we met in the drama department, and there's no children crying and giggling during sacrament, it's the same. The gospel keeps me going. Where would I be with out the gospel? I would be lost. 
The future scares me. I don't know who will be replaced, who will have left, and who will have changed. But more importantly, who I'll met. So maybe it's not so much the future I'm scared of, but the people who will or will not be in my future. 

Maybe I'm ready, maybe I'm not. Only time will tell. 
 Live life as life today.                                 
 Love it in every way. 

No comments: